Praise Band (Year-Round)
Areas: piano/keyboard, bass guitar, acoustic/electric guitar, drums, violin, vocals
Requirements: APPLICATION / audition with Pastor Ty, proficient ability, Thursday night practice availability
- Combining Christ-centered, biblical hymns & choruses, our worship team is responsible for leading our church in worship through music each Sunday. Our praise band consists of a rotation of musicians who help to lead our 10:00 service- vocals, guitar, piano, drums, bass... a little bit of everything, and a somewhat different lineup each week. They lead the congregation in praise songs and hymns throughout the service, and often will share new songs and special music as well.
- We welcome new musicians, but because members of the praise band take such a direct role in leading the worship service, we ask that any new members be regular attenders who are interested in taking on a leadership role. If you would like to become involved, please contact Pastor Ty Watilo: email@example.com
Calvary Choir (Fall-Spring)
Areas: soprano, alto, tenor, bass, Ability to sing on pitch, Thursday night practice availability
- Calvary's choir is dedicated to glorifying God through all types of worship music and four part choral music. They are passionate about music and its importance in worship through hymns, songs, and spiritual songs. Ages 14 through seniors are invited to sing in the choir. The choir sings for the 10 am worship service every Sunday, from Labor Day to Memorial Day, and occasionally at special services. Rehearsals are on Thursday nights from 5:30 - 7:00 pm. There will also be special rehearsals leading up to Christmas, Easter, etc.
All those who love to sing are welcome! The only requirement is weekly attendance at Thursday evening choir rehearsals, 5:30-7:00pm. Being able to read music is helpful, but not required. Choir members are expected to arrive by 9:45am on Sundays for a warm-up. Please contact Pastor Ty Watilo for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sound Team (Year-Round)
Areas: sound board operator, sound assistant (set-up/tear down/recording), projection operator (ProPresenter, Videos), light board operator
Requirements: willing/teachable heart, technical aptitude (will train), Thursday night practice availability (for sound board operators & projection operators)
- Our sound techs are an essential part of our ministry that help to ensure that each service runs smoothly. We generally have two people in the soundbooth at each service to run our soundboard and powerpoint slides. We have regular sound training sessions throughout the year, so no experience is necessary (although an ear for music is helpful for mixing sound levels!). Schedules are coordinated on an as-available basis. Anyone 16 or older is welcome to serve. If you have experience in this area, or are interested in learning, please contact Pastor Ty Watilo for more information: email@example.com
- Vocal/Instrumental Solos, Duets, Trios, Mixed Groups usually featured once a month during our time of offering.
- Children’s Choir (Seasonal)
If you are interested in these opportunities, please contact me at the church or through e-mail.
Soli Deo Gloria
Music & Worship Pastor